Homecoming dance is one to remember

Although not every student will always agree on whether homecoming was a success or a failure, most everyone seemed content as they exited the dance on Saturday, October 4th.

The night started with students pouring in the doors around 7 pm. The girls looked fabulous as always in all types of dresses, and the boys looked dashing as well. The blue and gold theme consisted of decorations on the walls and each student received a bandana with their name on it. Although the thought of a simple theme was nice, senior and homecoming court member Kaylee Rendon said “they could have done a little more with the decorations.” A lot of people seemed to agree with this, but the lack of decorations wasn’t enough to rain on the parade.

The night started off with the announcement of homecoming king and queen. The female court members consisted of Rayce Albino, Alex Weis, Kaylee Rendon, Amanda Lettner, Lauren Odegard, Taylor Harmon, and Madison Austad. The males were Alex Rodriguez, Taren Caravella, Bryan Nimphius, Cody Aschenbrenner, Allan Peil, Trevor Scaife, and Keith Franke. Once King Bryan and Queen Amanda were announced, the dancing began.

Like any high school dance, the first few songs were awkward. Many kids stood around and made uncomfortable attempts to get the party started. After not too long, however, students began to tear up the dance floor. From what I saw, New Berlin West definitely has some great dancers. The music was pretty good for the most part, but many people including junior Michaela Kennedy noticed “there were only one or two slow songs.”

Overall, most people were in agreement that homecoming 2014 was a night to remember. According to senior Megan Rentmaster, “It was a perfect last homecoming.” Comparing this year’s dance to previous years, I came to the realization that a wonderful night isn’t about the music or the decorations. When it comes to homecoming, it’s all about having fun with your friends and dancing until you can’t move the next day. If you can accomplish that, you are sure to have a great time at any dance.